Dear Parents and Carers,
Following discussions today with the Local Authority, DFE and Public Health England we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close the school.
This decision is to ensure the safety of staff, pupils and families, as we are unable to provide safe levels of staffing on Monday. This situation is due to key members of our staffing team needing to isolate whilst they await test results.
I would like to reiterate that no-one (child or adult) who has been on the school site has tested positive. This is a precautionary measure whilst we await staff test results and is influenced by the rapid rise in COVID cases in our locality. We feel to return to school without any designated safeguarding staff or senior leaders’ on the school site poses a significant risk to pupil safety.
We have been told the test results should be provided within 92 hours. We have planned for school to open on Wednesday, if the results are back tomorrow we will look to open on Tuesday.
Although the school will be closed on Monday, there is no requirement to isolate with your children. You only need to isolate if someone in your household is showing symptoms, or someone you live with has had a positive test.
Activities for your child/ren to complete at home will be sent out tomorrow by email and will be put on the school website.
Thank you for your continued support, we apologise for any inconvenience this causes your family, but we need to keep everyone as safe as possible. If you have any additional questions please email: email@example.com .
The Governors of Brunswick School.